The six cafes sit in Plazas of Al Dafna, Corniche & Al Bidda
The Supervisory Committee of Beautification of Roads and Public Places in Qatar offers a lease to run 6 cafes in the waterfront of Doha Corniche
The Supervisory Committee of Beautification of Roads and Public Places in Qatar announces a bid to operate and lease 6 units to serve as cafes that provide food and beverage services. The cafes are located within three plazas on the waterfront of Doha Corniche.
On this occasion, Eng. Mohammad Al-Khaldi, Chairman of the Supervisory Committee of Beautification of Roads and Public Places in Qatar pointed out that the three plazas are Al Dafna, Al Corniche, and Al Bidda plazas, where each plaza is connected to a pedestrian underpass that connects the waterfront with the city of Al Doha, and thus is easily accessible from several sides, where each pedestrian underpass from the waterfront side includes two units (cafes) with an outdoor seating that directly looks over the sea.
From his part, Yousuf Al-Obaidly, Manager of Ashghal’s General Services Department confirmed that each cafe will be provided with all utilities including water, electricity and all necessary connections and connections to air-conditioning system, provided that the tenant purchases and installs their own internal air conditioning unit, indicating that the tenant can make the necessary finishes.
Features of each unit:
• Each unit (cafe) consists of two levels, the lower level includes the main unit of the café, and the upper level includes an outdoor seating looking over the sea.
• The unit is connected to the plaza on one side, and to the pedestrian underpass on the other making it easier to access.
Characteristics of the units in each plaza:
• Al Dafna plaza; contains 2 cafes, each with an internal space of 20 square meters and an external space of 48 square meters, reaching a total of 68 square meters for each cafe.
• Al Corniche Plaza; contains 2 cafes, each with an internal space of 46 square meters and an external space of 49 square meters, reaching a total area of 95 square meters for each café.
• Al Bidda plaza; contains 2 cafes, with an internal space of 20 square meters and an external area of 48 square meters, reaching a total of 68 square meters for each café.
Supervisory Committee of Beautification of Roads and Public Places in Qatar
The committee works in coordination with several ministries and other entities of the State such as Ministry of Transport and Communications, Ministry of Culture and Sports, Qatar Museums Authority, Qatar Railway Company, Private Engineering Bureau, among others. This Committee is responsible for five major tasks including construction of central public parks, provision of dedicated lanes for pedestrians and bicycles, development of the Doha Corniche, development of Central Doha, and increasing trees and green areas.
The Committee’s work will contribute to enhance sustainability through minimizing environmental pollution, reducing emission of CO2 through minimized consumption and conservation of energy resources. It will also focus on provision of more public transport options aiming at reduced use of private cars and improve lifestyle through clean and safe transportation. It will also work for provision of healthy environment within residential neighborhoods and places of public gatherings through increased afforestation and landscaping, which will greatly help in reducing temperature in cities.
For more details, Ashghal has the details on its Tenders page here.
Source: Ashghal Qatar Public Works Authority
Important Update: MetroExpress Service ONLY Available via Karwa Taxi App from June 24
WhatsApp lets users hide profile photo, last seen from specific people
Box Office: Pixar's 'Lightyear' Underwhelms With $51 Million Debut as 'Jurassic World' Stays No. 1
Qatar ranks number one most peaceful country in Arab World