Qatar reports 380 new COVID-19 cases on Dec. 30
The Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) reported today 380 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 among community and 162 among travelers.
The MOPH recorded 162 recoveries from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases recovered in Qatar to 245,348.
The ministry recorded the death of a 67 year-old who had chronic diseases and received the necessary medical care.
The MOPH issued a statement on COVID-19 developments in Qatar, which said the following:
New Cases and Recoveries:
- 380 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 among community and 162 among travelers.
- 162 people have recovered from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases recovered in Qatar to 245,348.
- Death of a 67 year-old who had chronic diseases and received the necessary medical care.
National COVID-19 Vaccination Program Data:
- 5,193,431 COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered since the start of the program.
- 11,373 COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered in the past 24 hours.
- 264,234 COVID-19 booster vaccine doses have been administered to date.
- 86.2 percent of the total population are now fully vaccinated with two doses.
Current COVID-19 Status:
- New daily cases of COVID-19 has increased during the recent weeks.
- Micron mutant has been detected in the State of Qatar, which forms a danger represented by the emergence of new cases of COVID-19.
- Evidence so far shows that the Omicron mutant is the most prevalent, even today, and that the countries in which the Omicron mutant appears are rapidly registering infections.
- The Ministry of Public Health warned of the danger of the stage in fighting the virus, and stressed the importance of qualified members of society receiving the booster dose without any delay.
- The Ministry also indicated that recent studies show the effectiveness of the effect of the booster dose in preventing severe infection against the new Omicron mutant.
What You Can Do:
- With COVID-19 still a threat to our health here in Qatar, it is important for everyone to play their role in controlling the virus by following precautionary measures:
- Adherence to physical distancing.
- Avoiding close contact with others, crowded places and confined closed spaces where other people congregate.
- Wearing a face mask.
- Washing hands regularly.
- People should take the COVID-19 vaccine at the earliest opportunity when their turn comes.
- Anyone suffering from COVID-19 symptoms should contact 16000 helpline immediately this is important as the earlier the disease is detected the easier it will be to receive the right treatment and recover from it.
- Visit the MOPH website for regular updates and new information.
Important Update: MetroExpress Service ONLY Available via Karwa Taxi App from June 24
WhatsApp lets users hide profile photo, last seen from specific people
Box Office: Pixar's 'Lightyear' Underwhelms With $51 Million Debut as 'Jurassic World' Stays No. 1
Qatar ranks number one most peaceful country in Arab World