Places in Qatar where you still need to wear face masks
Qatar’s cabinet recently announced easing of coronavirus-related restrictions in the country including the relaxation in mask regulations, following a drop in daily cases.
The cabinet said that starting October 3, mask regulations would no longer apply to outdoor activities. However, masks must still be worn in the following:
• Organized public events
• Public markets
• Public exhibitions
• University premises
• All public indoor areas
Here is your latest guide to the current face mask policy in Qatar according to the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH):
• Masks to be worn by all including community members attending the prayers and mosques’ employees.
• Worshipers will not be allowed to enter the mosque without wearing a mask and bringing their prayer mat.
• Masks to be worn by all, including any staff present.
• Masks to be worn by staff/stewards/ushers and worshippers at all times.
• Staff to wear masks and gloves at all times.
• Guests to wear masks at all times, except when seated at tables to eat and drink. Masks to be worn when leaving the table.
• Masks to be worn by employees and clients at the rental point and during the cruise.
Flights and Travel
• Ensure you have enough medical face masks for your journey.?
• Wear a mask to protect yourself and the other passengers. Boarding will not be allowed without a face mask.
• Practice hand hygiene, including frequent hand sanitization, follow cough etiquette and wear a mask.
At the Arrival Airport:
• Practice physical distancing, hand hygiene, cough etiquette, and wear a mask.
• Masks and gloves to be worn by staff and students at all times.
• Replacement masks to be carried by the instructor and disposable bags to properly dispose of masks when needed.
Public Transport - Buses and Metro
• Masks must be worn by all staff, drivers and passengers to allow entry.
• Masks to be worn by staff and passengers at all times
Activities in Parks, Corniche and Beaches
• Wearing masks is not necessary for outdoor exercises; however, 3 meters minimum safe distancing should be followed. You will need to wear a mask if you come within 3 meters from others when exercising.
• Those not exercising should wear masks all the time and maintain 1m distance. ??
• Maintain general hygiene and dispose of masks, gloves and waste in the containers designated for them.?
Organized Sports Training
• Masks to be worn by all staff and athletes while not training.
• Provide athletes and employees with information on the use of face coverings and medical masks.
• Medical mask to be worn by anyone who show symptoms (including fever, cough, or shortness of breath).
Private Healthcare Facilities
• Masks to be worn by employees and patients at all times.
• PPE (masks/face shields/gloves) to be worn by healthcare workers for home visits with strict hand hygiene and disinfection of bags/equipment/ hard surfaces between patients.
• All healthcare facilities must maintain sufficient PPE supplies, including masks, gloves, etc. to cover the needs of both patients and staff.?
• Staff meetings should not exceed 30 people, with wearing masks and maintaining 1 m physical distance.?
• Masks should be worn by all teachers and admin staff all the time.
All students from 1st grade onward must wear face masks at all times.
• Masks offer important protections. Cloth masks are acceptable and children may find them more comfortable
• Ensure efficient ventilation in classrooms, halls and offices. (refer to MoPH website for HVAC guidance)
• School staff working with students who are unable to wear a cloth face covering and who must be in close proximity to them should ideally wear N95 masks. When access to N95 masks is limited, a surgical mask in combination with a face shield should be used.
• Masks to be worn at all times on the bus.
• Educate everyone in the school about COVID-19 prevention, this includes appropriate and frequent hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene, mask use, symptoms of COVID-19 and what to do if you feel sick.
Special Needs Centers
• Subcontracted maintenance and cleaning staff are not permitted in the center during working hours and must comply with all precautions (masks, temperature, Ehteraz) before being allowed entry.
• Staff meetings should not exceed 30 people, each at 1m distance from each other, and wearing masks.?
• Masks to be worn by all adult at all times (staff and carers).
• Staff to wear full PPE (masks and gloves) for close contact appointments with clients, changing masks and gloves between each appointment.
• Provision of extra masks to replace used, wet or dropped masks.
• Educate clients about COVID-19 prevention, this includes appropriate and frequent hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene, mask use, symptoms of COVID-19 and what to do if you feel sick.
• Masks for all (staff, clients and trainees over 12 years old).
• Educate everyone in the Training Center about COVID-19 prevention, this includes appropriate and frequent hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene, mask use, symptoms of COVID-19 and what to do if you feel sick.
Nurseries and Childcare
• Staff, nannies, parents, visitors must wear mask at all times.
• Limit the presence of maintenance teams inside offices during working hours and ensure their green Ehteraz status, wearing masks and compliance with all precautions.
• Employees must wear masks at all times.?
• Attendees must wear masks at all times.
• It is important to remind employees that wearing face masks does not preclude the need to keep physical distance of at least 1m from each other.?
• Masks to be worn by all staff and customers all the time.
• Salespersons and other mall staff must remain conscious all the time about maintaining the minimum safe distance from customers as face masks may cause people to relax their guard about the safe distance).
• Masks to be worn by all staff and customers.
• Salespersons and other Souq staff must remain conscious all the time about maintaining the minimum safe distance from customers as face masks may cause people to relax their guard about the safe distance).
• Porters must wear masks and gloves at all times and observe hand hygiene and physical distancing of 1m at all times.
• Masks to be worn by all staff and customers.
• Masks to be worn by staff at all times, compelling staff preparing and delivering meals to wear masks and gloves and to properly use them. Staff to use gloves when handling tools that have been used by other people, and dispose of them properly.
Museums and Libraries
• Masks to be worn by staff and attendees at all times.
Barbershops and Hairdressers
• Clients should wear face masks (to the extent possible) while receiving services. Salon must keep spare masks for clients and staff if they become soiled.?
• The use of masks and face shields is mandatory.
• Salon/shop employees will be required to wear masks and face shields at all times. Masks should be replaced every 4 hours.
Health Clubs, Gyms and Spas
• Masks to be worn by staff and clients at all times.
• Masks may be removed while exercising only if a physical distance of at least 3 m from others is maintained.?
• Encourage customers to bring their own towels, personal hygiene kit, and water bottles and extra masks.
• When handling soiled linen, follow precaution and proper use of PPE (face masks, gloves).
• Masks to be worn by clients where possible (according to treatment).
• Masks or masks as well as face shields to be worn at all times by staff.
• Educate staff on proper responses to guests who challenge physical distancing, wearing of masks and other precautions.
Swimming Pools and Water Parks
• Masks to be worn by staff and clients at all times (unless in the water).
Theatres and Cinemas
• Masks to be worn by staff and public at all.
Cleaning and Hospitality Services
• Masks to be worn by staff at all times.
• Staff handling food should wear masks and gloves and should know how to properly use and dispose of them properly.
• Food must be plated in individual portions. No buffet or self-service food to be offered. Staff wearing masks and gloves to serve all food.
• Transport staff to and from accommodations in batches. Ensure a minimum physical distance of 1 m between passengers at all times, with all passengers and drivers wearing protective masks and gloves. Further, disinfect all vehicles after each trip.
Theme Parks and Leisure Centers
• All employees and visitors (over the age of 12 years) must wear a mask.
• Notifying customers of the need to adhere to wearing a mask with the need to maintain a physical distance of 1 meter from others in all directions, as much as possible.?
Law No. 17 /1990
Meanwhile, local officials, including the Ministry of Interior (MoI) continue their efforts to curb the spread of COVID-19 in Qatar.
In line with the cabinet decision based on Law No. 17 /1990 regarding infectious diseases, the competent authorities referred several people to the Public Prosecution for violating COVID-19 preventive and precautionary measures in force.
In line with the cabinet decision based on Law No. 17 /1990 regarding infectious diseases, the competent authorities referred several people to the Public Prosecution for violating #COVID19 preventive and precautionary measures in force.#IWearAMask #Coronavirus #MoIQatar pic.twitter.com/FXsDpTNqMb— Ministry of Interior (@MOI_QatarEn) October 30, 2021
FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: Smoke-free stadiums and bans on tobacco marketing
Qatar Says it Will Adopt Climate Tech Application in FIFA World Cup 2022
World's deepest shipwreck discovered
Ministry urges public to participate in #WateringBirds initiative