[Note for travelers or guests: you needn't need a liquor permit to have alcohol at a bar, the allow just applies to buying liquor at the one alcohol store in Qatar. In any case, it would be ideal if you know that you should bring your passport or Qatar ID card to the bar to be permitted passage. A drivers' permit or other picture ID isn't good enough -- it has to be your passport/Qatar ID.]
For those of you new to Qatar and searching for an alcohol allow, or pondering what to do to renew it, take a look these steps,
1) APPLYING FOR NEW PERMIT
To get a letter from your employer routed to the Qatar Distribution Company affirming your name, ID number, basic salary, position, accommodation entitlement (or whether the organization gives settlement), and marital status.
It must be on unique letterhead, signed and stamped by the organization. You don't need to get this letter for renewing your permit.
[Note- two reporters have said you require a salary of at any rate QAR 4000/month to get a license]
Truly, this means your employer needs to give you consent to get an alcohol permit. No letter, no license. Your HR division should know precisely how the letter should look, on the off chance that they don't, odds are you work for an organization that won't give you one. This additionally implies on the off chance that you don't have a job you won't have the capacity to apply for your very own liquor license. I have a Muslim friend who is married to a Christian lady and in light of the fact that she is under her husband’s sponsorship she could not get her own liquor license.
While waiting for you to obtain your permit, 8 ball pool is a good option to play online. Through using 8 ball pool tricks.
In the past you required a letter from your employer for a renewal, not any longer. On the off chance that you are renewing your allow, the records you require relies upon whether any subtleties have changed. The QDC presently has a helpful guide posted at the allow office, yet because of changes from December 2016 ignore the last bit about a security deposit:
2) Prepare to visit the Qatar Distribution Company (“QDC”) by gathering your letter, your passport or Qatar ID, a pen to fill out the application, and some a credit or debit card to pay the fee (they now state on their facebook page that payment must be electronic, no cash). Renewals are NO LONGER FREE so if you are renewing you also need to bring payment as well as your Qatar ID, I don't think a passport will do it. QDC does have an email address as well, email@example.com (if that doesn't work try firstname.lastname@example.org), so you might be able to request the form in advance. I found just visiting them not complicated or time-consuming so just going there might be easier. As you'll need to pay a fee you can't complete the licensing process via email so you'll need to visit the QDC anyway.
a) Fees? Yep, as of December 1, 2016 there is now a fee. In the past you just paid a refundable deposit but now they have moved to charging a fee instead. It is based on the validity of your Residence Permit, and the QDC say they'll pro-rata it if the Residence Permit expires earlier than a year.
1 year permit validity: QAR 150
2 year permit validity: QAR 250
3 year permit validity: QAR 350
4 year permit validity: QAR 450
3) Go to the QDC. This isn't a simple place to discover and there won't be signs guiding you to it. It is in the Abu Hamour neighborhood near Barwa Commercial Avenue and Safari Hypermarket. In the event that you get a Marhaba control on the fundamental guide it will be in segment F3, called "QDC". Hours are ordinarily consistently aside from Friday from 9am to 9pm. Note that the QDC isn't open amid the whole month of Ramadan.Usually you can't drive your vehicle into the parking area except if you demonstrate to them your allow, either reveal to them you're here to get another allow or park outside and stroll in.
4) When you enter the building you'll find before you an ATM and a lot of sliding entryways with some security protects before it. That is the passageway into the alcohol store, you can't go in there without an allow. Swing to one side and experience the entryways on the extreme left, which prompts a staircase. Go up one story, you'll see a little live with seats. This is the lounge area. There will be a ticket machine that apportions a number, and duplicates of the application frame that you need to round out if applying for another allow.
5) The application shape requests name, address, a portable number, email address and so on., and additionally conjugal status and month to month pay. You need to finish this shape for new allows.
One key thing it requests is your religion. One of my Muslim companions disclosed to me that Muslims are not permitted to get an alcohol allow but rather I've just at any point heard it from him. Three observers to this post have said it is feasible for Muslims to get an alcohol permit so I think as long as your manager gives you the letter a Muslim can get an allow.
6) When your number is called you go into the allow office where they will take your records and your ID card or visa. They will likewise snap a photo of you for the allow. Ensure you're not wearing a cap since when they snap your picture it may look something like this:
And after that, if everything is great, they will give you your allow. They print it in that spot while you pause so you don't possess to return another energy for it. You would now be able to go ground floor and enter the alcohol store.
Aside from the email mentioned above you can also call the QDC at 4429-9777.