As phase 4 of lifting COVID-19 restrictions is set to take effect in the country from Sunday, the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) reiterated the importance of staying protected to avoid the risk of infection.
In a post on Twitter, MoPH stated: "As Qatar moves to phase 4 of the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions it’s important to continue to protect yourself your loved ones and the community against the possible risk of infection"
Following this, the Ministry listed a number of points to ensure safety against COVID-19.
- Practice physical distancing - Always maintain a 1m distance from others.
- Follow the advice on the appropriate use of masks issued by the Ministry of Public Health.
- Cover mouth and nose with the bent elbow or a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Regulary and thoroughly wash hand with soap and water or clean them with an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid large gatherings and crowded places.
- Meet with people virtually when possible, using digital communication tools and platforms.
- Hold gatherings and events outdoors rather than indoors when possible; if indoors, ensure adequate ventilation and shorten the duration and the size of the event.
- Use culturally appropriate greetings that avoid physical contact, such as waving, nodding, or placing the hand over the heart.
- Stay home and call 16000 if you feel unwell or have COVID-19 like symptoms.
- Get vaccinated and continue observing precautionary measures.
Important Update: MetroExpress Service ONLY Available via Karwa Taxi App from June 24
WhatsApp lets users hide profile photo, last seen from specific people
Box Office: Pixar's 'Lightyear' Underwhelms With $51 Million Debut as 'Jurassic World' Stays No. 1
Qatar ranks number one most peaceful country in Arab World