MOPH Announces Quarantine Exception Criteria for Individuals Who Received Vaccines Outside Qatar
The Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) has announced a major update on its website on the Quarantine exception criteria for those individuals who received their vaccination outside the country.
According to MOPH, individuals who obtained their Covid-19 vaccination outside Qatar will be exempted from the mandatory hotel quarantine, if the below mentioned criteria is maintained:
1. The vaccination doses that are taken must be approved by MOPH in Qatar. The following vaccination is approved to consider for hotel exemption:
- Johnson & Johnson
2. An individual must also receive both the doses like a single dose of Johnson & Johnson and two other vaccination doses from the above-mentioned list.
3. MOPH also elucidated that a period of two weeks or 14 days must be over from the date of obtaining the single dose of Johnson & Johnson and the precise duration following the second vaccine shots of the above-mentioned list.
4. The vaccinated individual must present an official certificate or a vaccination card showing their evidence of getting one of the listed vaccines and also must contain the following details:
- Full name as mentioned in their official documents
- Date of the vaccination shot received depending on the type of vaccine
- The vaccine’s name
- Vaccine’s serial number
- Vaccine’s official logo or the official seal on the certificate
5. The Covid-19 PCR test result of the specified individual must be negative (This is either by taking the test at one of Qatar's ports of entry or by submitting a negative certificate by taking a test at one of the accredited vaccination centres MoPH abroad, provided that the certificate validity should not exceed 72 hours upon arrival).
6. The health status on each individual’s Ehteraz applications will be ‘green’ if the PCR test is resulted negative and hence, will be exempted from undergoing a hotel or home quarantine upon their arrival to the country.
7. If the specified period of 14 days has not yet passed, all Qataris and expats coming back to Qatar will be subject to home quarantine for 7 days or until the remaining of the 14 days has passed, whichever is shorter.