How to get a "Hamad" Health Card?
Having a Qatar health card is very helpful, regardless of whether it is to compliment private insurance or to ensure proper medical care in the absence of private insurance. Hamad health card ensures the holder gets proper medical care at a subsidized rate.
Hamad Hospital is the public health care services provider, both citizens and residents of Qatar can apply for Hamad Health card and it can be used in the Hamad Hospitals for consultation or in emergency conditions for a subsidized treatment.
A “Hamad” Health Card, is a Qatar government-issued used health card used to access the services at any of the Hamad Medical Corporation’s healthcare facilities or hospital.
The card has the same size as a driving license. It contains ID number, nationality, photo, and date of issue available to all Qatar residents.
Citizens and residents of Qatar
Non-GCC adult residents and their children - QR100
Qatari and GCC nationals - QR50
Domestic Staff - Fees are upon the professions approved by the Ministry of Interior (MoI) for personal sponsorship
Note: Pay using a credit card. No cash is accepted.
• Consultations or non-emergency treatments may cost extra but will be subsidized for those who hold a valid health card.
• Holders of a health card can also have their prescriptions filled at a government-run pharmacy at subsidized rates.
Steps to Apply:
1. Bring the requirements
2. Visit your nearest Primary Health Care Corporation (PHCC) center
3. Fill out appropriate forms
4. Get a PHCC health file number
Download the Naraakom Mobile App
Note: You can check your health card application status online via Hukoomi. Health cards are issued during morning working hours only. The health center will either issue your card immediately or ask you to return within a few days to collect it.
The initial step is to visit the closest Primary Health Care Center (PHCC) in the location of your residence. At the PHCC fill the forms needed and receive the PHCC file number, PHCC can give the card the same day or will ask you to come any other day to collect the card.
Application for the health card are entertained in only morning working hours and credit card is the favored method of payment and cash is not accepted.
- Adults: Passport copies or ID, passport-size photo (4cm X 3cm)
- Children: Birth certificate with Qatar personal identity number or passport, passport-size photo and vaccination card (for first time issue)
- Adult Residents: Copy of passport or ID with Qatar personal identity number, passport-size photograph and your old health card (in case of renewals)
- Children: Birth certificate or passport with Qatar personal identity number, one passport-size photo, vaccination card (for first time issue for children born in Qatar) and old health card (in case of renewals)
Qatar Residents (including expats):
- Adult: Valid QID or passport with valid residence permit and passport-size photo
- Children: Passport with valid residence permit, passport-size photo and vaccination card (for first time issue and for those born in Qatar or who had their vaccinations in Qatar)
- Valid passport with valid residence permit, passport-size photo and original QID of sponsor
Copy of utility bill (phone, water/electricity) to prove where you live.
Visit any HMC hospital. Ask the Patient and Visitor Service Center staff for direction.
Renew your card online via Hukoomi
Fees for replacement of lost valid health cards:
Qatari nationals - QR50
Non-Qataris - QR100
Fees for replacement of lost expired health cards:
Qatari nationals - QR100
Non-Qataris - QR200
For more information about the Hamad Health Card service:
Call PHCC customer service line ‘Hayyak’ at (107).
FIFA’s alcohol ban helps female fans enjoy hassle-free football in Qatar
QATAR CREATES AND CR RUNWAY PRESENT POST MALONE IN CONCERT ON 16 DECEMBER
Hayya Card Not Required for Non-Ticket Holders for GCC Nationals and Residents to Enter Qatar
Qatar Tourism Unveils Special Edition FIFA World Cup™ ‘Qatar Now’ Guidebook