MoPH answers Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 testing in Qatar
Confused on where to get the right information on coronavirus (COVID-19) testing in Qatar?
This list of frequently asked questions and answers about the Rapid Antigen Tests (RAT) and Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) testing in Qatar, which is published on the website of the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH), will serve as your easy and accurate guide about the COVID-19 testing protocols in the country.
Q. Which type of COVID-19 test do returning travelers require??
A. Travelers returning to Qatar who are required to have a COVID-19 test following arrival back in Qatar should have a Rapid Antigen Test (not PCR) at an authorized medical center.
Q. Which type of COVID-19 test do people with signs and symptoms of COVID-19 require?
A. People under 50 years of age with signs and symptoms of COVID-19 should have a Rapid Antigen Test.?
Q. Which medical centers offer official Rapid Antigen Tests?
A. Private medical facilities:
Rapid antigen tests are available at more than 100 private hospitals and clinics in Qatar at a cost of QR50 per test. Test results at private centers are usually delivered within 15 minutes.
Rapid antigen tests undertaken in private facilities will be reflected in Ehteraz starting Monday, 10 January. Read also: Antigen test results from private medical facilities to appear on Ehteraz
B. Primary Health Care Corporation:
Rapid antigen tests are available at all 28 PHCC health centers.
The results will be sent to individuals via SMS within two hours of the test and the results reflected in Ehteraz no earlier than 4 hours after the test.
Rapid antigen tests at PHCC health centers are charged at the following rates:
• QR50 for unvaccinated individuals for work or school purposes
• QR50 for post-travel tests
• Free for eligible people with signs and symptoms of COVID-19 or close contacts of infected cases
Q. Which groups are eligible for Rapid Antigen Tests at approved medical centers?
A. MOPH Health has approved the use of COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Tests (RAT) at authorized public and private centers for the following groups:
• For people under 50 years of age who display COVID-19 symptoms.
• For people under 50 years of age who are close contacts of confirmed COVID-19 cases.
• For travelers returning to Qatar who require post-travel COVID-19 tests
Q. What type of COVID-19 tests does the new drive-through center in Lusail offer?
A. PCR tests only (not rapid antigen tests) for eligible population groups:
• People 50 years and above with signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (free of charge)
• People 50 years and above who are close contacts with a confirmed case (free of charge)
• Pre-travel PCRs, you must provide proof of travel (QR160 paid by credit card, no cash payments)
• Preoperative patients (free of charge)
Q. Where can people go for a pre-travel PCR test?
A. More than 100 private medical centers and the Lusail drive through test center offer PRC pre-travel tests. PHCC health centers DO NOT offer pre-travel PCR tests.
Q. In which circumstances can a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Self-Test be used for??
• Individuals with mild or moderate symptoms who suspect they may have COVID-19.
• Asymptomatic (displaying no symptoms) individuals who suspect that they have COVID-19 due to being in close contact with a confirmed infected person.
• Individuals who want to check their COVID-19 status before visiting a vulnerable family member or friend.
• Testing before a social gathering.
Q. What should people do if they test positive on a Rapid Antigen Self-Test?
A. Individuals who test positive after taking a rapid antigen self-test should isolate themselves at home and avoid contact with family and friends. They may visit an approved medical facility for an official COVID-19 test to obtain a certificate and have their Ehteraz status changed.
Q. Can Rapid Antigen Self-Tests be used for official purposes?
A. No. Rapid antigen self-test results may not be used for official purposes such as pre-travel testing, changing Ehteraz health status, sick leaves, or official health certificates.?
Q. Where are Rapid Antigen Self-Tests available to buy?
A. Rapid antigen self-tests are available in authorized pharmacies and Al Meera hypermarkets throughout Qatar. MOPH has set a maximum cost of QR35 per test, with a limit of 10 tests per person, per transaction.
To know more about the COVID-19 tests, their costs and testing centers in Qatar, read also: Your Latest Guide to Rapid Antigen Tests and PCR Tests in Qatar
Source: Ministry of Public Health (MoPH)
Important Update: MetroExpress Service ONLY Available via Karwa Taxi App from June 24
WhatsApp lets users hide profile photo, last seen from specific people
Box Office: Pixar's 'Lightyear' Underwhelms With $51 Million Debut as 'Jurassic World' Stays No. 1
Qatar ranks number one most peaceful country in Arab World