Thirteen people are missing after a boat carrying migrants sank off Tunisia’s coast while heading toward Europe, according to reports from Tunisian officials.
15 Tunisians Were Aboard the Boat
Mustafa Abdel Kabir, head of the Tunisian Observatory for Human Rights, said 15 Tunisians were aboard the vessel, with most of them coming from the Ben Guerdane area.
The boat reportedly departed at dawn on Thursday before later sinking at sea.
Two People Rescued
Rescue teams managed to save two people from the vessel. One of the rescued individuals was reported to be in critical condition.
Search Underway Off Zarzis
Houssem Eddine Jebabli, spokesperson for Tunisia’s National Guard, said Coast Guard units were carrying out search operations for the missing people with support from an aircraft and naval units.
Authorities said the vessel sank approximately 14 nautical miles off the coast of Zarzis, a southeastern Tunisian city near the Mediterranean.
Circumstances Still Being Investigated
Officials said the circumstances surrounding the sinking were still being determined. The final number of people missing was also subject to confirmation as search and rescue operations continued.
Mediterranean Crossing
The vessel had been travelling toward European shores when it sank. Tunisian maritime authorities continued efforts to locate those missing following the incident.
Source: Qatar News Agency (QNA), August 22, 2026.
By Guest - August 23, 2026

_20-08-2026_05-08.jpg)
_27-51-2026_11-51.png)
_27-43-2026_12-43.png)

.jpg)
.jpg)



.jpg)


Leave a comment